What is Catch-up Premium?
The Year 7 Catch-Up premium provides additional funding to schools to accelerate the progress of identified pupils in English and Mathematics.
What is its purpose?
Many of our Year 7 pupils have underachieved as a result of a range of SEMH barriers to learning such as anxiety, attachment disorder, social skills and ASC. A variety of social and demographic factors interact and contribute to underachievement. We receive £2,545 to support Year 7 catch-up. This does not meet the cost of our full range of interventions.
- We have identified transition as a key area to address as this can lead to and compound anxiety. We work very closely with families especially those parents of under-achieving pupils. The transition programme includes:
- Transition days
- Home visits from HSLW and Year 7 Tutor.
- Visits to feeder schools
- Open days
- Access to ‘Catch Up’ numeracy sessions.
- Ongoing access to “Numeracy Ninja” interventions.
- 1:1 intervention/ support.
- Pupils are assessed on entry and each term to track progress and review interventions