LWS understands the importance of providing students with healthy food. We also recognise the link between food and levels of concentration and achievement, which is why we provide our students with a range of options when it comes to food and meals.
The School offers:
- A free Breakfast Club from 9:00 – 9:15 am every day.
Where students are provided with cereal, toast as well as refreshments.
- All students also have access to toast during morning break. Students can also purchase additional nutritious and substantial snacks during afternoon break by using their Vivo rewards points.
- Our school chef follows guidelines issued by the government through the Food Standards Agency and provides good quality, nutritious and tasty lunch time meal options. The food always reflects a variety of tastes and cultures and a vegetarian option is provided.
Academy Lunch Menus
For those parents/carers providing a packed lunch, you too have the opportunity to provide a healthy and nutritious meal for your child. A lunchbox that contains:
- A freshly made sandwich
- One or two pieces of fruit
- A water based drink
This is far better for your child than one which contains:
- Chocolate biscuits
- Sugary or Energy Drinks
- Meat products such as sausage rolls, individual pies or fattier meats like corned beef.
Sandwiches, wraps and bagels are all good sources of nourishment; salads and noodle based lunches are energy giving and have a strong nutritional value.